Robust, new backup & recovery, disaster recovery, hyperscale appliance and container offerings simplify data management
Today, Commvault, announced the new portfolio of products and services to intelligently manage data at its FutureReady 2020 digital event. The icing on this cake, being, the new flexible subscription pricing, optimizing value and making it easier for customers to simplify data management in hybrid cloud.
The new additions include:
- Commvault HyperScale X: The next generation of Commvault HyperScale is a scale-out integrated solution.
- Optimized scalability to easily grow as needed, on-prem and to the cloud
- Simple, flexible data protection for all workloads including containers, virtual, and databases
- Trusted security, including built-in ransomware protection and AI/ML anomaly detection
This is the first Hedvig integration with Commvault’s portfolio. It enables customers to simplify and accelerate hybrid cloud adoption. The attached press release has more information about this new addition!
- Commvault Backup & Recovery: The new standalone backup & recovery product ensures data availability for all workloads and environments, all on one platform!
- Commvault Disaster Recovery: This comprehensive disaster recovery product, not only ensures business continuity but also verifies recoverability across environments.
- Commvault Complete Data Protection: This is the combination of Commvault Backup & Recovery and Commvault Disaster Recovery, which brings Commvault’s industry-leading functionality into a single data protection solution.
“We’re rapidly innovating to exceed customer needs in this era of constant change. The updated Commvault portfolio helps customers effectively manage change across their hybrid IT environments,” said Rajiv Kottomtharayil, Chief Product Officer, Commvault. “Customers need to be increasingly agile, flexible, and scalable. This new portfolio addresses data management risks that exist today and that may exist tomorrow, intelligently. From a natural disaster, to human error, to ransomware, our customers are covered.”
Further, Commvault also announced additional enhancements which include new data insights, governance solutions, and broader availability of Commvault’s subscription-based licensing model.
Apart from that, Commvault is also enhancing the Hedvig Distributed Storage Platform for Kubernetes running in hybrid and multi-cloud environments. This will enable customers to not only speed DevOps but also apply Commvault’s data management capabilities, such as migration and disaster recovery, to their containerized environments.
Its key features include:
- Integrated Container Snapshots provide point in time protection for stateful container workloads.
- Container Migration delivers an efficient and intelligent data movement of unique changes across Hedvig storage clusters, on-prem to cloud, to support the DevOps process for new modern application development and enable HA/DR for Containerized workloads.
- Integrated Policy Automation enables granular control over the frequency of snapshot and migration operations and the targeted environment to which the data is intelligently sent.
“Integrating Hedvig’s scalable and resilient scale-out file system with the latest generation of Commvault HyperScale X is critical to customer success with our solutions,” said Ranga Rajagopalan, Vice President, Product Management for Commvault. “Hedvig offers modern data infrastructure for the modern data center—and when combined with Hyperscale X, boosts resiliency, backup and recovery performance, and agility when customers need it most.”
“Kubernetes needs integrated software-defined solutions, especially as silos and fragmentation put data at risk,” said Avinash Lakshman, Chief Storage Strategist for Commvault. “Cloud-native applications are critical to the enterprise, and Hedvig for Containers hits that sweet spot of software-defined storage coupled with protection for containerized applications. We’re setting our enterprise customers up for success in both IT and DevOps roles. Hedvig Distributed Storage Platform allows users to manage and protect data where it lives, breaking down silos and reducing the complexity of data protection and management.”