Zomato previously relied on a number of open-source tools to fix issues across its infrastructure, applications, and services.
Food discovery and delivery provider Zomato has standardized on the New Relic observability platform to ensure high performance and reliability across 17.4 million monthly customer transactions. Zomato previously relied on a number of open-source tools to fix issues across its infrastructure, applications, and services. With New Relic, it is able to maintain better visibility as it scales and manages a larger tech stack.
“The key value drivers for Zomato are uptime, performance, and reliability; innovation and growth; and operational efficiency,” says Zomato Head of Site Reliability Engineering Shrey Sinha. “We are confident that New Relic’s data-driven approach will enable us to connect people with processes and technology performance across the entire organization and improve business outcomes in the long term.”
The benefits of the new platform include:
- Lower investigation time: Using New Relic application performance monitoring (APM) capabilities, the team can get ahead of issues as soon as they arise to minimize any impact on the end-user experience.
- Lower resolution time: Through automatic correlation with underlying infrastructure, end-to-end traces, and code-level performance statistics, Zomato has significantly reduced the time from detection to remediation, ensuring minimal impact on customers.
- Reduction in alert noise: By consolidating monitoring, engineers are more proactive in setting up application alerts, resulting in a 39% reduction in false positives over the last six months.
- Improved business-level reporting: Engineering teams can use dashboards to proactively communicate the health of the digital business to internal stakeholders.
- Support for rapid scalability: New Relic end-to-end observability allows for spend scalability, predictability, and flexibility as the business continues to expand rapidly.
- End-to-end visibility: With APM, Zomato can understand the performance of its entire tech stack to detect anomalies, reduce latency, and optimize customer experiences.
- Promotion monitoring: A combination of dashboards, custom metrics, and custom events enables engineering teams to see how coupons are being leveraged on the platform.
“Zomato is a long-time New Relic user, so the teams are familiar with using the platform to get deeper insights. The expanded scope of our association will mean Zomato can safely scale without impacting the customer experience at any stage,” says Vidhur Bhagat, General Manager - Enterprise Business, India for New Relic.
Add new comment